At Schulz Academy we believe that the only way a soccer player can be developed into a serious pro-prospect is by having him with the academy 100%. "The American soccer system is wild", said Dr. Schulz, founder of the Schulz Academy. "Everywhere else in the world, South America, Europe, they all have their players in their academy 100% and players are only playing and training for that one entity. In the States they play high school in the fall, one league with this club, another with the next and some tournaments supposedly for getting seen by college coaches with another". "Even if all of these different teams have excellent training and coaching - which most of them don’t - having 2, 3 or 4 different coaches trying to teach you something within a year without working together destroys any chances for the player to properly develop" said Dr. Josef Schulz.
That’s why Schulz Academy decided to do the next step and offer a full boarding program here in South Florida. The climate is perfect for a year round program and the facilities we are offering have perfect fields, accommodation in the perfect neighborhood of Boca Raton coaches having all gathered highly valuable experiences at the pro level in Europe.
The few existing residency programs in North America are either situated in the North of the country and thus struggle with the weather for 6 months of the year or they are very expensive and don’t focus on what it’s all about - practicing soccer!
1. All year outdoor program
2. 8 to 10 Practices on the field a week: practice in the morning and in the afternoon, individual gym practice including physical conditioning, mental conditioning, tactical awareness training, video analysis, injury prevention, athletic regeneration
3. Games/Tournaments/ Scrimmages
4. Flexible timing and duration of stay (FULL BOARDER, DAY BOARDER)
5. Coaching by pros who have been playing and coaching at the professional level
6. Scheduled free time activities: Going to the movies, Visit Sports Events, Beach Soccer, the mall, Disney World Universal Studios (Fees not included), etc.
7. Individual Player Evaluation: with specific age, skill level and position appropriate training plan
8. Specific language courses: English, Spanish, German, etc.
9. Tryouts: national and international (Europe) tryouts are possible when the head coach thinks he is ready to go
Our nutrition experts plan the meals according to the needs of a modern soccer player and according to the practice schedule.
We focus on teaching the skills at the practice sessions, but of course playing in a regular competition where you can show that you can use those skills under pressure in a game is just as important. We have a U9, U12, U14, U16 and a U19 team competing with the best teams of Southeast Florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach).
Our boarding program is offered for players from 12-21 years and is geared to the needs of players who want to become better players and get scholarships at a good college or even turn pro and go to Europe. Most of our boarding players are still in school and therefore we offer various options for schooling:
- Public: you can either go to a local public high school, which many of our players go to and which are rated very highly and are situated in a very nice area.
- Private: we cooperate with a great high school right next door to our accommodation and to our practice fields. Boca Prep www.bocaprep.net is an international school who’s owner is the president of the Chilean soccer federation and the school also hosts most of the players of the prestigious Chris Evert Tennis Academy which is also right next door, making the area a place for excellence in sports. The school has a perfect timetable that allows practice twice a day and yet provides a strong support for a perfect academic education.
- Online: Many of our players opt for online schooling, because it gives them the opportunity to design their days around soccer and not around school. Also, they can continue their online school when they move oversees to go and play soccer there should they move before they graduate from school, without having to change school systems.
South Florida is one of the most desired spots in the world, known for its perfect weather and great beaches while having a super functional infrastructure. The beaches are clean and huge and the entertainment possibilities are endless. Apart from water activities like scuba diving, kite surfing or skin boarding, there are of course the world famous amusement parks in Orlando, only 3,5h by car from us. Animal Kingdom, Sea World or Universal Studios are all in a day-trip distance from where we are.
All players of the boarding program live together in a wonderful house, which is not far away from the Fitness-Center and the morning practice field. Furthermore, the house is divided into 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, one living room and one kitchen. The accommodation is big enough to offer every boarder private space, for example to make homework or to read a book during morning and evening training.
The house includes all expenses like electricity, cable TV with Soccer Channels, internet, air-condition, washer and dryer, microwave and a dishwasher. Even a Playstation 3 is provided to enable the boarders watching blu-rays and playing their favourite sports games.
All in all the apartment offers the perfect opportunity for the players to calm down during practices having lunch and spending leisure time.
Please contact us for more Information
- Soccer practice and games
- LA Fitness
For further information please contact us:
Recreation Coordinator Schulz Academy, E-Mail: email@example.com, Cell: 001 561 305 5894
Owner Schulz Academy, E-Mail: BSchulz575@aol.com , Cell 001 561479 8008
We are looking forward to working with you!